[Scilab-users] How to Install new SCILAB Release in UBUNTU 10.10

samuel.enibe at unn.edu.ng samuel.enibe at unn.edu.ng
Sat Dec 22 02:28:03 CET 2012

I would like to try out the new SCILAB 5:4.0 on my UBUNTU 11.10 installation.

After unpacking the files, I found that non of the SCILAB scripts could not. For example, when I change to the bin directly and trey to run scilab from there or elsewher, a terminal window appears briefly and then vanishes.

What should I do. I know the alternative is to wait for a few months when the UBUNTU distribution will include the new version.

I will appreciate any advice.

God bless you.

Enibe

Sent from my Nokia phone