[Scilab-users] ATOMS module

Simon GARESTE simon.gareste at scilab-enterprises.com
Mon Dec 24 10:04:49 CET 2012

Juan,

"which scilab" gives you /usr/bin/scilab, but you say you are using (and
downloaded) 5.4.0. This means that is you launch scilab with only the
command "scilab", it will launch the one in /usr/bin/scilab, which is
certainly not 5.4.0 since we didn't packaged it yet in ubuntu.
So first thing would be to do
sudo apt-get remove scilab
Also,
rm -rf ~/.Scilab (which will delete all your configurations, if you have
any, of any scilab version you ever installed)

Now, if you launch scilab with the path to your 5.4.0 version, and
execute "atomsRepositoryList()", it should only answers you the
http://atoms.scilab.org/5.4 repository, right?
Could you try using a wired connection, not a wifi one? If I remember
correctly, we had a bug some time ago with bad wifi connections.

Also, to be sure, execute in scilab "getversion('scilab')"

Simon