[Scilab-users] ATOMS module

juanpablodlc juanpablodlc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 20:24:28 CET 2012

Simon,

Thanks for your help. Still no solution though!!
Here is what happens:
-can you try deleting the content of ~/.Scilab/5.4.0/.atoms/config, or at
least remove the useProxy, proxyPort and proxyHost lines? There might be a
bug with these, though I doubt it.
DONE! Didn't help .....

-atomsRepositoryDel("http://scene1.test.atoms.scilab.org","allusers").
This should delete this repository, which is used only for tests. I
don't think it will change something, but it is of no use for you right now.
Done!! Didn't help ....

-with LANG=en_US, I meant executing the command, in the terminal,
'LANG=en_US ./scilab', when you are in the bin directory of your scilab.

Warning: Localization issue. Failed to change the LC_CTYPE locale category.
Does not support the locale '' (null) C.
Did you install the system locales?
Warning: Localization issue. Does not support the locale ''
Returned: (null)
Current system locale: C
Did you install the system locales?
-I guess the command atomsSystemUpdate() gives you the same error
message as you had previously?
No solution yet ....

-in the terminal, execute the command 'which scilab'
/usr/bin/scilab

I think the problem might be that scilab doesen't have the permissions or
something to do wget? Why does it time out soo fast? In 5.3.3 i had the same
problem, that's why I changed to 5.4.0.
Running as root doesn't change anything .... What could be the problem?
PLEASE help!!!
Thnx a LOT