xcos scope causes hang in linux

Brent Miller brentalanmiller at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 00:13:02 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm new to xcos and scilab and I seem to be having an issue when using
the xcos scope under Linux.

Anytime I create a simulation that outputs to a scope, the simulation
seems to start ok, but after the plot output window opens, all of
scilab/xcos hangs and the result is never actually plotted.

When this occurs I can't press the stop button, attempting to close
any of the scilab/xcos windows does nothing, top will show scilab-bin
using 100% cpu, and the only way I can exit is by opening a terminal
and doing a "killall -9 scilab-bin"

If I change the output of my simulation to a file instead of the
scope, everything seems to run ok and the text file shows the expected
data. If I open the same simulation in the Windows version, it runs
fine.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 and can reproduce this in both the 64bit and
32bit versions.
I'm using scilab 5.3.3 and have the same issue in both the Ubuntu
maintained version and the binary version from the scilab website.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to resolve or debug the issue?

Thanks,
Brent