[scilab-Users] Re: Module Creation - Basic Question

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Thu Jan 5 11:02:32 CET 2012

Hello,

On 01/05/2012 12:14 AM, shadders wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have examined the web site on the Module creation - and there are a few
> more questions.
>
> 1. The Section 3 - stating "exec builder.sce" seems to be in error - the
> help file in SciLab indicates that you need to implement the full path. in
> doing so - the builder.sce fails - due to no compiler.
>
> How do i implement a compiler reference for the SciLab system to pick up - i
> am using the toolbox_skeleton
>
> 2. I think all i need to implement is a Macro - so how do i implement a set
> of Macro's in a toolbox/module ???
>
> I do not need the run time performance of a binary - hence how is this
> accomplished - the Macro/Module notes do not indicate how this works
> specifically - and how this Module is loaded automatically at SciLab boot
> time - are there any initialisation or configuration files ?
I don't know about compiled modules but you can load functions at startup.
There are 2 startup files (see the help page help("startup") for more
details):
  - one for the user located somewhere in you home directory.
  - one for all the users located in a system directory.

You can put any scilab code in those files for instance loading scilab
functions.
You probably need to use the full path of the sci file. In your case I
would put them somewhere in your home directory (for instance in a
directory named scilab).

HTH,
Mathieu