Scilab 5.3.3 crashes on opening .cos files

sunKar maitreyakara at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 17:50:04 CET 2012

Hi, I am new to Scilab and Xcos. I have Scilab 5.3.3 running on Windows XP. I
opened Xcos from Scilab, and tried to open an .cos file. Scilab crashed. The
.cos file is from Finn Haugen's Master Scicos (tanksim.cos). I tried to open
some other .cos files from Scicos website, with the same result. But
ScicosLab opened these files successfully. I also tried Scilab 5.4.0-alpha
1, and it also crashed.

Am I required to convert the .cos files into .xcos files in order to open
them in Scilab? How do I convert them? How do I import .cos files into
Scilab?

Thanks!
Prabhakar