Scilab Video Tutorials

Kannan Moudgalya kannan at iitb.ac.in
Tue Jan 24 03:15:44 CET 2012

You may find the video tutorials available on Scilab at
http://spoken-tutorial.org/Study_Plans_Scilab
to be useful.  These are released under CC noncommercial, non-derivative license.
In addition to the basic tutorials, if you scroll down, you will also find
tutorials on polynomials, ODEs and Xcos on this page.  Some more tutorials, on
topics such as Control System Design, Image Processing and Hardware Access, are
in the pipeline.  We refer to these tutorials as the Spoken Tutorials.

The Spoken Tutorials are created for self learning.  It is possible to conduct a
two hour basic level workshop for the beginners using these tutorials - the rest
can be studied at home by the interested.  The only facility required to conduct
this workshop is a PC/laptop and a head phone for every participant.  We have a
team that helps organise these workshops free of cost at academic institutions.
  Interested may contact them at contact at spoken-tutorial.org.

In addition to Scilab, we have Spoken Tutorials on LaTeX, Linux, Python, Orca
and PHP/MySQL.  We will soon have Spoken Tutorials also on GIMP and LibreOffice.
Many more are in the pipeline.  A writeup on this effort is available at
http://spoken-tutorial.org/CSI.pdf.  We also have a 12 minute video and a 2
minute video available, respectively at
http://spoken-tutorial.org/What_is_a_Spoken_Tutorial_English and
http://spoken-tutorial.org/What-is-a-Spoken-Tutorial-2-Minute-Video-English.