[scilab-Users] Hidden modules in online ATOMS?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Jul 23 10:45:11 CEST 2012

Hello Simon,

Le 23/07/2012 10:09, Simon Gareste a écrit :
> This is a bug coming from atoms.scilab.org. CEMEF-UTN has been moved
> to fileexchange.scilab.org. I'll try to correct this problem this week.
The strange thing is that there are other modules that are both
on ATOMS and on fileexchange, for instance:

http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/ADS_CoLiSyS
http://fileexchange.scilab.org/toolboxes/ADS_CoLiSyS

But then they appear on both lists. When a comment is posted
on a side (say filexechange), the same comment appears on the
other one (ATOMS), showing that ATOMS and fileexchange are
two distincts exports of the same database and publishing system.

It is also the case for the CEMEF-UTN module : The comment i posted
on FE last week also appears on ATOMS. But exceptionnally, and
contrarily to other "shared" modules, this one is not listed in ATOMS.
There is a specific trick for it.

It is hard to catch why CEMEF-UTN should be served only on FileExchange
rather than on ATOMS. As a user, i would regret to not see it through the
ATOMS GUI, since it would be a consequence of keeping it only on
FileExchange.
I have posted a fully packaged release of this module, as a module's
comment.
This module includes only macros, no gateways that could be subject to
recompilation issues from a Scilab version to another one. It is much
simpler
to instal through the ATOMS GUI -- for all Scilab supported OSes -- than
many other modules, but it is not a single file: in addition to its
macros, it
includes help pages, and a demo.

Regards
Samuel