MKL and FFTW for Scilab behind a proxy

michael.baudin at contrib.scilab.org michael.baudin at contrib.scilab.org
Fri Jun 22 23:49:43 CEST 2012

 Hi,

 I am sometimes behind a proxy but I want to be able to use Scilab on
 Windows.
 In this case, the installation completes, but I have a
 problem with Scilab tries to get the Intel MKL and the FFTW: the
 download fails.

 This topic is mentioned here :

 http://wiki.scilab.org/howto/install/windows/5.4?highlight=%28proxy%29

 The solution which is advocated is to download manually the MKL from
 the File Exchange :

 http://fileexchange.scilab.org/toolboxes/MKL

 But there are two issues :

  * The MKL is not provided for Scilab 5.3.3, the last stable
 release of Scilab.
 Of course, we can use Scilab-5.4.0 Beta 1 (congratulations for
 this, by the way !), for which the MKL is available on the File
 Exchange,
 but this is not completely satisfactory.

  * The FFTW is not available, for no version of Scilab.

 Is there a link that I missed where I can find these
 two binaries ?

 Best regards,

 Michaël

 PS

 For users interested in installing ATOMS packages behind
 a proxy, the following page gives some advices :

 http://wiki.scilab.org/ATOMS#Configure_the_network_proxy