[scilab-Users] Re: GraphicsMagic1.3.15-windows-source in Scilab- 5.3.3

Ricardo Fabbri rfabbri at gmail.com
Tue May 22 21:19:20 CEST 2012

SIP uses ImageMagick which is basically a variant of GraphicsMagick
(actually the other way around). ImageMagick is actually more advanced than
GraphicsMagick, but a bit harder to keep track of backward compatibility
(but that's a developer's little issue).

You should direct your efforts to try to install/link SIP to your scilab,
then you'll have a scilab API for libtiff (and hundreds of other image
format libs as well).

If you are not using Linux, you can still try to see what it takes to get
SIP up and running in your Operating System, since it has all the machinery
required to link to an external lib like libtiff.

best,
Ricardo Fabbri
--
Linux registered user #175401