[Scilab-users] Scilab 5.4 on CentOS 5.8: error plotting

hvn huubvanniekerk at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 16:40:26 CET 2012

Hi,

I just installed Scilab 5.4 on CentOS 5.8. It starts fine, but when I
want to plot something, I get this:

-->x = 1:10
 x  =

    1.    2.    3.    4.    5.    6.    7.    8.    9.    10.

-->plot(3*x+4)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" javax.media.opengl.GLException:
AWT-EventQueue-0: Unable to create temp OpenGL context(1)
	at jogamp.opengl.x11.glx.X11GLXContext.createImplRaw
(X11GLXContext.java:325)
	at jogamp.opengl.x11.glx.X11GLXContext.createImpl
(X11GLXContext.java:260)
	at jogamp.opengl.GLContextImpl.makeCurrentWithinLock
(GLContextImpl.java:484)
	at jogamp.opengl.GLContextImpl.makeCurrent(GLContextImpl.java:402)
	at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGLImpl
(GLDrawableHelper.java:415)
	at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL
(GLDrawableHelper.java:364)
	at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel
$SoftwareBackend.doPaintComponentImpl(GLJPanel.java:1043)
	at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel
$AbstractReadbackBackend.doPaintComponent(GLJPanel.java:942)
	at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel.paintComponent
(GLJPanel.java:356)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JViewport.paint(Unknown Source)

which goes on and on until I end it with ctl-c. At first I had only
openjdk installed, but installed latest Sun/Oracle jdk after the initial
error messages. But it still goes wrong: the plot window comes up but
nothing is plotted. What is wrong? Thank you.