[Scilab-users] Emulate Object Oriented Programming

Daniel Penalva dkajah at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 23:04:56 CET 2012

Hi,

By safe you mean that the field is protected or private ?  i dont know if
it is possible in scilab nowadays ...

[ ]s

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM, <michael.baudin at contrib.scilab.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the possibility of emulating OOP in Scilab with
> tlists, that prevents me to have safe "set" methods.
> In the script in attachment, I created a human "class" with
> two fields: name (a scalar string) and weight (a scalar real).
>
> The problem is : how have a "set" method which is both simple and safe ?
>
> Here is how this class works :
>
> bob=human_new()
>
> This is simple, but is unsafe:
>
> bob.name="Bob"
> bob.weight=70
> bob.name=-12 // Oups !
>
> These statements are safe:
>
> bob=human_set(bob,"name","**Will")
> bob=human_set(bob,"weight",80)
>
> It is safe in the sense that the following statements produce an error:
>
> bob=human_set(bob,"weight",-**12)
>
> The function "human_set" is safe but somewhat unconvenient to use.
>
> The question is :
>
> How to make so that bob.name="Will" makes the code
> bob=human_set(bob,"name","**Will") be executed ? Can overloading do this ?
>
> Is the only possible way is at the C level with the sci_percent* functions
> that Denizet wrote :
>
> http://gitweb.scilab.org/?p=**scilab.git;a=blob;f=scilab/**
> modules/xml/sci_gateway/cpp/**sci_percent_XMLAttr_size.cpp;**h=**
> 9d3b361bcbe6416e62f422dd448aa7**2d65f1fe4c;hb=HEAD<http://gitweb.scilab.org/?p=scilab.git;a=blob;f=scilab/modules/xml/sci_gateway/cpp/sci_percent_XMLAttr_size.cpp;h=9d3b361bcbe6416e62f422dd448aa72d65f1fe4c;hb=HEAD>
>
> for the XML module ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michaël

*Democracia Digital Direta
Carta:

*http://li7e.org/ddd2

*Des Carta coletiva aos ministerios
*
http://rede.metareciclagem.org/blog/16-10-12/Des-Carta-da-Rede-Metareciclagem-para-o-Ministerio-da-Cultura-e-Outros-Ministerios-Tam
*
*
*AfroAmbiental eh sociedade em Axe e Diversidade*

http://afroambiental.org

Daniel Penalva

State related activity, currently:
Phd - Physics in Institute for Theoretical Physics -
http://www.ift.unesp.br/posgrad/ramais-alunos-pos.php

Transparency portal(workflows):
http://www.nightsc.com.br/aa/interface_v0.1.php  *look for SUoU9 user, or
do ctrl+f and SUoU9*