[Scilab-users] module installation

Simon GARESTE simon.gareste at scilab-enterprises.com
Mon Nov 26 14:02:20 CET 2012

Hi,

With ATOMS, it's not much more complicated.

You should develop your module following the structure of the
toolbox_skeleton <https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/toolbox_skeleton>,
with an according description file. Once it's done, set your scilab to
offLine (atomsSetConfig("offLine", "True")), install your package using
atomsInstall (atomsInstall("/path/to/your/zip-or-targz-file")), and load
it (atomsLoad("yourmodule")).

Once the package is installed, you can set your Scilab back to online
(atomsSetConfig("offLine","False")). Note that if you install a module
while offLine, you must be offLine to uninstall it, and vice versa.

I will update the wiki pages to indicate this procedure. To create your
Scilab module, you can follow the indications here
<https://wiki.scilab.org/ATOMS> and there
<https://wiki.scilab.org/Guidelines%20To%20Design%20a%20Module>.

Best regards,

Simon

On 11/26/2012 01:50 PM, jacques.beilin wrote:
> Dear Scilab users,
>
> I'm new to Scilab. At the moment I use gnu Octave but I need to be
> able to use both for teaching purposes.
>
> I wrote Octave packages. I'm trying to transform them into Scilab
> modules. I would like to write Scilab modules buts I do not want to
> put them on ATOMS (at least for the moment). With  Octave it is easy
> because once the package structure is followed, the package can be
> zipped (tar.gz) and installed using the command "pkg install
> my_package.tar.gz". If Octave has been started with sudo, the package
> is installed in "/usr/local/share/octave/packages/" otherwise it is
> installed only for the current user (in ~/octave/).
>
> Is there a equivalent procedure on Scilab ? I cannot find the
> documentation about that.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jacques

Simon Gareste
Support & Development Engineer
Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles, France
Phone: +33.1.80.77.04.70
http://www.scilab-enterprises.com