[Scilab-users] Compatibility With MAC OS Mountain Lion

Aramil philippe.klintefelt-collet at polytechnique.edu
Sat Oct 20 17:41:27 CEST 2012

Hello. I'm a first time poster on this forum.

Naga Narasimha's question was whether Scilab works on the Mac OS Mountain
Lion (released mid 2012 and not the same OS as Lion). I think the answer is
"NO". I am using Mountain Lion myself, and have installed the latest version
of Scilab, version 5.4.0 (i.e. the non-beta successor of the version
suggested in Sylvestre's post). The result is that Scilab only reads the
first line of any Scinote (and no other succeeding lines). E.g. the code
snippet

x=[0:0.1:2*%pi]';
plot(sin(x))

would create the vector x, but not plot the graph. Whereas

x=[0:0.1:2*%pi]'; plot(sin(x)) //Both on the same line = line 1

does both, and

//Empty line
x=[0:0.1:2*%pi]'; plot(sin(x)) //Both on the same line = line 2

does nothing.

If there is a solution to this I (as well as many of my class mates at École
Polytechnique) would be very thankful to know about it.

Thanks in advance!

Ph.

And to the responible(s) of this forum: FU (!) for having me subscribe to
your spam e-mail list (yes I know there is a way to /actively/ unsubscribe,
but still) in order to be able to post a question critical to my education.