[Scilab-users] Compatibility With MAC OS Mountain Lion

Aramil philippe.klintefelt-collet at polytechnique.edu
Sat Oct 20 17:28:28 CEST 2012

Hello. I'm a first time poster on this forum.

Naga Narasimha's question was whether Scilab works on the Mac OS *Mountain*
Lion (released mid 2012 and not the same OS as Lion). I think the answer is
"NO". I am using Mountain Lion myself, and have installed the latest version
of Scilab, version 5.4.0 (i.e. the non-beta successor of the version
suggested in Sylvestre's post). The result is that *Scilab only reads the
first line of any Scinote* (and no other succeeding lines). E.g. the code
snippet

x=[0:0.1:2*%pi]';
plot(sin(x))

would create the vector x, but *not* plot the graph. Whereas

x=[0:0.1:2*%pi]'; plot(sin(x)) //Both on the same line = line 1

does both, and

//Empty line
x=[0:0.1:2*%pi]'; plot(sin(x)) //Both on the same line = line 2

does nothing.

If there is a solution to this I (as well as many of my class mates at École
Polytechnique) would be very thankful to know about it.

Thanks in advance!

Ph.

And to the responible(s) of this forum: FU (!) for having me subscribe to
your spam e-mail list in order to be able to post a question critical to my
education.