[Scilab-users] Compatibility With MAC OS Mountain Lion

jtibau jatb86 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 05:39:33 CEST 2012

whew... finally figured it out.

The problem is actually scinote's, not scilab's. I don't have a Lion machine
to check if I'm correct, but it seems scinote's file encoding is no longer
compatible in ML. I discovered that when I opened scinote generated files
with a different text editor (vi) the new lines weren't encoded right for my
machine. The other give-away was that executing scripts written prior to
upgrading worked fine.

Go to preferences and in the scinotes tab, switch default file encoding to
iso-8859-1. I also switched the end-of-line to Unix.