[Scilab-users] Plots with non numeric abscissa argument

plc814 plc814 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 03:31:38 CEST 2012

Hello,

Been searching the literature and have been having a most difficult time
finding a way to plot data vs. a non numerical argument. Simple example
would be number of marbles vs. individual by name. In my case, I'm
trying to plot a communications chain analysis parameters at certain
points in the system chain.  Would like to supply the x-axis argument as
text.  Using the simple example mentioned, it would be:

John - 5 marbles
Mary - 3 marbles
Victor - 10 marbles
... etc.

A natural chart would be a bar or stepped chart.

best regards,
plc814 at gmail.com