[Scilab-users] "automation" module - cannot build/run ???

Wilfried Noell - private wknoelly at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 15:27:47 CEST 2012

Hello Everyone,
Recently I switched from Matlab to Scilab and I would like to keep using my
"old" scripts that utilize activex control, a.k.a. automation.

I am hence very new to Scilab and have "only" installed the basic package,
i.e. Scilab 5.4.0-64bit.

I found this very nice
ole_automation<http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/ole/source/tree/master/>module
from Allan Cornet, but I just cannot get it to build/run. Here is
what I get when trying to build this module:

->exec('C:\Users\[mypath]\automation\build.txt', -1)
-->// ====================================================================
-->// Allan CORNET
-->// Copyright DIGITEO 2011
-->// ====================================================================

-->mode(-1);
Building macros...
-- Creation of [automationlib] (Macros) --
genlib: Processing file: ole_getOlePath.sci
genlib: Processing file: %VARIANT_size.sci
genlib: Processing file: %VARIANT_p.sci
genlib: Processing file: %VARIANT_e.sci
genlib: Processing file: %ptr_p.sci
genlib: Regenerate names and lib

-->exec('C:\Users\[mypath]\automation\loader.sce', -1)
Start Automation for Scilab
Load gateways
WARNING: automation gateways not loaded.

-->pWord = ole_actxserver("Word.Application");
!--error 4
Undefined variable: ole_actxserver

Again, I am very new to Scilab. Maybe there is a very basic thing I do not
know about building modules.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!
W.