[Scilab-users] "automation" module - cannot build/run ???

Simon GARESTE simon.gareste at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Oct 26 15:51:23 CEST 2012

Hello,

This module is currently on the forge, and not on the atoms portal,
because it is not ready for the portal. If you look into it, you'll see
that while there is a cpp gateway in the source files (under
sci_gateway), there is no call to the tbx_builder_gateway function in
the builder.sce file. That's why you get a warning.

What you could do is get the code of ole_automation via git clone, study
the toolbox_skeleton present either in your scilab folder or on the
portal here <http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/toolbox_skeleton>, and
try to make it work by copying it. Asking the developpers about it is
also a good option.

Simon

On 10/26/2012 03:27 PM, Wilfried Noell - private wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Recently I switched from Matlab to Scilab and I would like to keep
> using my "old" scripts that utilize activex control, a.k.a. automation.
> I am hence very new to Scilab and have "only" installed the basic
> package, i.e. Scilab 5.4.0-64bit.
> I foundthis very nice ole_automation
> <http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/ole/source/tree/master/> module
> from Allan Cornet, but I just cannot get it to build/run. Here is what
> I get when trying to build this module:
> ->exec('C:\Users\[mypath]\automation\build.txt', -1)
> -->// ====================================================================
> -->// Allan CORNET
> -->// Copyright DIGITEO 2011
> -->// ====================================================================
>

> -->mode(-1);
> Building macros...
> -- Creation of [automationlib] (Macros) --
> genlib: Processing file: ole_getOlePath.sci
> genlib: Processing file: %VARIANT_size.sci
> genlib: Processing file: %VARIANT_p.sci
> genlib: Processing file: %VARIANT_e.sci
> genlib: Processing file: %ptr_p.sci
> genlib: Regenerate names and lib
>
> -->exec('C:\Users\[mypath]\automation\loader.sce', -1)
> Start Automation for Scilab
> Load gateways
> WARNING: automation gateways not loaded.
>
> -->pWord = ole_actxserver("Word.Application");
> !--error 4
> Undefined variable: ole_actxserver
> Again, I am very new to Scilab. Maybe there is a very basic thing I do
> not know about building modules.
> Any help would be highly appreciated.
> Thank you!
> W.
> - Scilab: 5.4.0 - 64bit
> - Win7 - 64bit

Simon Gareste
Support & Development Engineer
Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles, France
Phone: +33.1.80.77.04.70
http://www.scilab-enterprises.com