[Scilab-users] problems with tools for accurate computation

adriano meis adrianomeis03 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:53:38 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have Scilab 5.3.3.

I need to execute very accurate computations with Scilab.

Looking for some tools in the web, I found two possible instruments: QUPAT
and XNUM.

//////////////

QUPAT PACKAGE

I have downloaded mupat package (both slow generic, and windows fast
versions):

http://www.mi.kagu.tus.ac.jp/qupat.html

http://www.mi.kagu.tus.ac.jp/qupat/mupat_ver02.zip

http://www.mi.kagu.tus.ac.jp/qupat/mupat_win_ver02.zip

In folder "C:\mupat_ver02\MuPAT\macros" I Have only *.sci files, as dd.sci
and qd.sci.

Following istallation instructions in guide "users_guide.pdf" inserted in
this zip file, I obtain:

"
Creazione delle macro...

 Building macros in C:\mupat_ver02\MuPAT\macros\
Creazione del file di aiuto... // translated: creation of help file

Creazione del documento principale in corso: // translated: creation of main
file
	C:\mupat_ver02\MuPAT\help\en_US\

Building the manual file [javaHelp] in C:\mupat_ver02\MuPAT\help\en_US\.
Total files without example: 1
Total generated html files: 33
Creazione di loader.sce ... // translated: creation of loader.sce file

 Esecuzione effettuata.   // // translated: done
"

As a result, in folder "C:\mupat_ver02\MuPAT\macros" I find many new files:
a .bin file for
each .sci file, with the same name.
Moreover loader.sce file now really exists.
Here you are its very short inner code:

"

// This file is released under the 3-clause BSD license. See COPYING-BSD.
// Generated by builder.sce: Please, do not edit this file

try
 getversion("scilab");
catch
 error("Scilab 5.0 or more is required.");
end;

exec(get_absolute_file_path("loader.sce")+"etc\"+"MuPAT.start");

"

Now the guide states that instruction dd(1) should give as a result :

"
ans =
ans(1)
!dd hi lo !
ans(2)
1.
ans(3)
0.
"

Differently, I obtain this unpleasent result:

"
dd(1)
      !--error 4
C'è una variabile non definita: dd // translated: undefined variable: dd
"

This problem exists with both downloaded versions (slow generic, and windows
fast versions), of files.

Do you obtain my same problem with it?

How can I solve this problem?

////////////////

XNUM PACKAGE

I have downloaded xnum package:

http://digilander.libero.it/foxes/xnum_pack.zip

Following istallation instructions in guide "users_guide.pdf" inserted in
this zip file, I obtain:

"
Startup execution:
 L'archivio condiviso è stato caricato. // translated: shared archive has
been created
Il collegamento è stato effettuato. // translated: linking has been done
 getf('xnum.sci');
                  !--error 4
C'è una variabile non definita: getf // translated: undefined variable: getf

at line      18 of exec file called by :
      if ~(%fileToExec == "") then                 exec(%fileToExec);
disp(msprintf(gettext("Execution done.\n")));               end
clear("%fi
while executing a callback
"

Do you obtain my same problem with it?

How can I solve this problem?

Do you Know other different packages to download (with the same goal), that
don't create these problems?

Thanks,

adriano meis