[Scilab-users] free memory

Baer Jeremy Jeremy.Baer at cnes.fr
Tue Apr 2 09:01:22 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have to load 100 images of 12 millions pixel with scilab. to reduce the quantity of data, I divided this image into 56 images 384 x 512 pixel. So I have 56 folderss, with 100 data files.

The goal is to open the one hundred files in one folder, and with a loop, follow the 56 folders. So i have a 3D matrix (384 x 512 x 100).

Next, for each point i calculate the variance. the result is a matrix 2D (384 x 512 x 1).

here my problem :

the treatment of one folder succeed, but the computer's memory is full for the treatment of the second folder. I have to restart scilab to free memory.
I would like to free memory at the end of each loop of treatment. i tried to use "clear" function, but that's not effective.

What kind of solution may I try ?

Best regards,

Jérémy BAER