[Scilab-users] Can't start Scilab in Ubuntu 10.04LTS

talex wilkey at hawaii.edu
Thu Apr 4 01:18:18 CEST 2013

I have the same problem (under Debian wheezy), but my symptoms are different:

dpkg -l | grep openjdk:
ii  openjdk-6-jre-headless:amd64
6b27-1.12.4-1                      amd64        OpenJDK Java runtime, using
Hotspot JIT (headless)
ii  openjdk-6-jre-lib
6b27-1.12.4-1                      all          OpenJDK Java runtime
(architecture independent libraries)
ii  openjdk-7-jre-headless:amd64                                7u3-2.1.6-1
amd64        OpenJDK Java runtime, using Hotspot JIT (headless)
ii  openjdk-7-jre-lib                                           7u3-2.1.6-1
all          OpenJDK Java runtime (architecture independent libraries)

Running this command fixes the problem, since I have non-free Java
installed:
JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle/ scilab

Should I just echo this path command at the start of my session?