[Scilab-users] non access to sci files

Dang, Christophe Christophe.Dang at sidel.com
Thu Apr 11 15:57:36 CEST 2013

Hello,

De la part de Carrico, Paul
Envoyé : jeudi 11 avril 2013 11:16

> I know it's not possible to encrypt a Scilab .sci file so far ;
> I want to deny reading but I want to allow execution ...

I guess this is the kind of things you should ask your system
administrator.

I think I've read such things on Unix systems (incl. MacOS X, Linux and
BSD). I think it hsould work on Windows but ?..

You can set execute rights and not read nor write: --X.

And AFAIK, you can create a user account for Scilab,
and give it RWX rights on the script file,
whereas the logged user does not have any rights on it.

However, I guess you should only give the rights to a non-console
Scilab, otherwise there would be escape solutions, such as loading
the script with the Scilab console/editor to display it.

Then :
I don't know if there is a non-console Scilab,
and if there is, if it does not switch to console mode when an error
occurs or when you press CTRL+C.

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Mechanical calculation engineer