[Scilab-users] non access to sci files

Adrien Vogt-Schilb vogt at centre-cired.fr
Thu Apr 11 16:23:53 CEST 2013

On 11/04/2013 11:15, Carrico, Paul wrote:
> Dear All,
> I know it's not possible to encrypt a Scilab .sci file so far ; I want
> to deny reading but I want to allow execution ...
> Does somebody has a trick ?
> (creating a binary file, include it in a C file, etc. ...I've don't know)
> Paul
Dear Paul,

No trick will be never possible. The user can always use fun2string to
display the source code of any function that Scilab can execute after
reading it from a .sci file. You cannot prevent Scilab for doing so.
Scilab can be executed in a mode where it displays each line of code
before executing it.
The user can also modify Scilab source code to get Scilab display
whatever Scilab is allow to read. If Scilab can execute it, Scilab can
display it. This is completely unavoidable.

--
Adrien Vogt-Schilb (Cired)
+33 (0) 1 43 94 73 83