[Scilab-users] 5.4.1 Cannot create Java Main-Class

Michael J. McCann mjmccann at iee.org
Thu Aug 8 19:32:58 CEST 2013

Matacosta,
The problem seems to be that reinstalling doesn't work because all the
user application data isn't removed. The new copy picks it up but by
then it's corrupted. But with your new installation you can probably get
the console version to run. In the program files "bin" find Scilex.exe
and activate it (double click) and you get a console.
  Then locate the folder by typing SCIHOME at the console prompt . Take
the advice in the forum to delete the identified folder (actually I hid
it by a name change), close the console and Scilab starts again via the
shortcut and the windows GUI comes up.  I see it has made a new folder,
same name as before but I see that the windows configuration file now
has 4.6kB instead of 0bytes.
So Sylvestre's advice is right. This is a bit more detailed.
Mike.