[Scilab-users] Using intersci...

shorne at energetiq.com shorne at energetiq.com
Thu Aug 8 20:45:52 CEST 2013

I've recently installed 5.4.1 running on linux mint debian, "olivia".   I
posted recently about issues related
to keyboard focus when running on a headless server via ssh -Y.  I found a
workaround and am struggling on.

I cannot figure out how to get dynamic linking to work as it used to. The
single most useful feature
of scilab (matlab, octave, idl) is the ability to write fortran
(specifically, fortran) code and link it dynamically.
(Nearly every useful numerical analysis function has already been written
-- in fortran.)

This worked fine in 4.0; I even got it to work in 5.4.1 windows, using the
ATOMs module (I forget the name -- in the Windows tools)

I can't figure it out on the debian system.

The examples in /scilab-5.4.1/modules/intersci/examples seem not to build
anymore.

0) Does anybody actually use this functionality??
1) Where is intersci-n?
2) Where is the Makefile.inc referred to in the
/scilab-5.4.1/modules/intersci/examples/Makefile?
3) What questions should I be asking?

The "help" on intersci says to use "swig".   without a couple of
completely worked through examples, that's not
much help....

Thanks,
Steve