[Scilab-users] LINEAR SYSTEMS AND BODE PLOT IN SCILAB REPORT

Paul Bignier paul.bignier at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Dec 13 11:24:36 CET 2013

Nice catch Dirk.

In Scilab's latest nightly build
<https://www.scilab.org/fr/development/nightly_builds/master>, use
bode's "rad" option to convert the frequency in rad/s.

=> clear;
       clc;
       s = poly(0, "s");
       N = 1;
       D = (s+1);
       TF = syslin("c", N/D);
       bode(TF, "rad")

You can also use bode_asymp() after bode() to check the asymptote:
bode(TF, "rad")
bode_asymp(TF)

Regards,
Pauli

On 12/13/2013 11:04 AM, Dirk Reusch wrote:
> Hi Vijay,
>
> the frequency unit in scilab's bode plot is [Hz] and not [rad/s]!
>
> Regards,
>
> Dirk
>
> On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 20:04:25 -0600
> Vijay Gopal <aero.g.vijay at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am a scilab user and I find it amazing about its capabilities.
>> Recently I have encountered a problem for BODE PLOT for Linear
>> Systems in continuous domain in scilab. I have made a report on it
>> and attached herewith in pdf format. I hope this email will be
>> beneficial for mutual progress. Also there are two files attached
>> herewith Regards

Paul BIGNIER
Scilab Engineer & Xcos Developer
Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles, France
Phone: +33.1.80.77.04.69
http://www.scilab-enterprises.com