[Scilab-users] PID controller, howto write this as S parameters?

cedric.dewijs at telfort.nl cedric.dewijs at telfort.nl
Fri Dec 13 17:32:01 CET 2013

Hi All,
I'm using xcos. I am trying to describe a PID controller as S parameters. So I want to make 3 CLR blocks. One for the P action, One for D and one for I.
So I start Xcos, choose continuous time system, and then 3 CLR blocks.
For the P=2 I set Numerator = "2" and Denominator = "1" (Without quotes)
For the I=0.1 I set Numerator = "0.1" and Denominator = "s" (Without quotes)
For the D=5 action I set Numerator = "5*s" and the denominator = "1"  (Without quotes). Now I get the error message "Transfer function must be proper or strictly proper". In the source of scilab I see this error is thrown when the order of the numerator is higher than the order of the denominator.
Is there a way around this?
Best regards,
Cedric