[Scilab-users] Can't install ATOMS modules

Simon GARESTE simon.gareste at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Feb 15 11:02:28 CET 2013

Hi,

Any ideas on the differences between this Win 8? Maybe you have a
different version (normal/Pro/Ultimate) than the previous ones ?

Can you launch Scilab and execute the following:
extract_cmd = getshortpathname(pathconvert(SCI+"/tools/zip/unzip.exe",%F));
disp(extract_cmd);
extract_cmd = extract_cmd + " -q """ + archive_in + """ -d """ +
pathconvert(dir_out,%F) +"""";
disp(extract_cmd);
[rep,stat,err] = unix_g(extract_cmd);
disp(err);

Best regards,

Simon
On 02/15/2013 10:32 AM, Andrii Ryzhkov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problems installing any ATOMS module. It is not about any
> specific one. And I really had SciLab 5.4.0 installed on couple of
> Win8 PCs and never had any problems.
> I did try to reinstall SciLab with manual deletion of the folder
> you've mentioned. I even reinstalled (restored to factory settings)
> Windows 8. Did not help.
>
> -->atomsGetConfig()
>  ans  =
>    downloadTool: "curl"
> -->atomsRepositoryList()
>  ans  =
> !http://atoms.scilab.org/5.4  official  !
> I did steps you asked. The same result - error while extracting module
> package.
> Actually, what I noticed, files are downloaded correctly. I can easily
> unzip them, but SciLab can not.
>
> Best regards,
> Andrii

Simon Gareste
Support & Development Engineer
Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles, France
Phone: +33.1.80.77.04.70
http://www.scilab-enterprises.com