[Scilab-users] Convert x, y, z data into a z=f(x,y) function

Dang, Christophe Christophe.Dang at sidel.com
Mon Jul 1 13:23:50 CEST 2013

De la part de Michael J. McCann
Envoyé : lundi 1 juillet 2013 13:01

> Many years ago I worked on dynamic system models of fermentation.
> What I did was to create a differential equation set to account for
> the identifiable "species"

I agree this would be a good way, which gives you a model that has
sense.

If we make a simple z = f(x) (biomass = f(time)) plot (see attached
document), we can see that

1 - the curves do not follow a simple analytic function

2 - they are not completely parallel, especially for the last points

so, hard to fit with usual simple function.

Now, maybe a non-parametric analysis
-- i.e. not looking for a function but only for some characteristics of
your data --
is enough for you?

Maybe what you're looking for can be extracted from the initial slope,
the height of the first plateau, ..?

In fact, you try to answer a question, but we dont't know the
question...

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Mechanical calculation engineer