[Scilab-users] OS X Nightly build

Ricardo Fabbri rfabbri at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 12:59:42 CEST 2013

Hello,

I was able to build Scilab master branch successfully in Moutain Lion
10.8.3. However, it does not launch, just like the nightly builds. When I'm
at the src/scilab/scilab directory and type "bin/scilab" I get the message
on the console:

rfabbri at Ricardos-MacBook-Pro:~/src/scilab/scilab$ ./bin/scilab
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0_37-b06-434.jdk/Contents/Home
Error checking symlink for the target jvm.

And Scilab just keeps bouncing.

At least we now know this is not an issue with your packaging system, as it
happens with a fresh compile as well.

This is blocking me from using scilab in my OS X.

Best.

--
Dr Ricardo Fabbri
Professor of Computer Engineering