[Scilab-users] dassl Errors

Paul BIGNIER paul.bignier at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Jun 14 10:56:27 CEST 2013

On 06/13/2013 05:00 PM, Jonathan Schwehm wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently  trying to program a dynamic model of an electrolyzer (
> lots of physical equations), by using the dassl solver. I implemented
> a lot of euqations in my res function and now I am stuck on the Error
> -8 -->Singularity.
>
> Is there a common way to further debug that problem and find a fix
> around that?
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,

> *Jonathan Schwehm*
>
> B.Eng
>
> Fon:                       +49 711 229645 51
>
> Fax:                        +49 711 229645 99
>
> Email: jonathan.schwehm at etogas.com <mailto:jonathan.schwehm at etogas.com>
>
> ETOGAS Image
>
> http://www.etogas.com <http://www.etogas.com/>
>
> *ETOGAS GmbH*
>
> Achtung: SolarFuel GmbH heißt jetzt ETOGAS GmbH. Bitte beachten Sie
> unsere neuen e-mail-Adressen und unsere neue Internetadresse. Darüber
> hinaus ändern sich keine Kontaktdaten.
>
> Industriestraße 6, D-70565 Stuttgart
> Geschäftsführung: Dipl.-Ing. Gregor Waldstein, MBA | Dipl.-Ing. Dr.
> oec. HSG Karl Maria Grünauer
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart
> Handelsregister Nr.: HRB 733792
> Steuernummer: 99065/08453
> USt-IdNr.: DE 27 216 66 37 Commerzbank AG, BLZ 600 800 00, KontoNr.
> 0902 1048 00
> BIC: DRES DE FF 600, IBAN: DE78 6008 0000 0902 1048 00
Hello Jonathan,

have you double-checked your equations ? Or are you certain that there
exists a unique solution to your problem ?

Error = -8, The matrix of partial derivatives is singular.
                   Some of your equations may be redundant.
                   DDASSL cannot solve the problem as stated.
                   It is possible that the redundant equations
                   could be removed, and then DDASSL could
                   solve the problem. It is also possible
                   that a solution to your problem either
                   does not exist or is not unique.