[Scilab-users] Convert x, y, z data into a z=f(x,y) function

CRETE Denis denis.crete at thalesgroup.com
Tue Jun 25 11:09:24 CEST 2013

Hello,

The general procedure for fitting data in the case of 2 variables is the following:
// First define your mathematical model by changing the following line
deff('z=MyFunction(x,y)', 'z=p(1)*x + p(2)*y + p(3)*x.*y');
// Store all experimental data in a single array ExD; X, Y, Z assumed to be 1 x NZ vectors
ExD=[X;Y;Z];
// Define the error function (to be minimized with respect to the parameters p)
deff('erro=G(p,ExD)','x=ExD(1),y=ExD(2), z=ExD(3), erro=z-MyFunction(x,y)')
// Fit experimental data contained in W
// The column vector p0 is an initial guess of the values for the parameters of your Model
[p,err]=datafit(G,ExD,p0)
// you can check values generated with
MyFunction(X,Y)

HTH