[Scilab-users] Problems using write_csv and/or csvWrite with Scilab 5.4.0

Daniel Buccoliero dbu at microshade.dk
Thu Mar 7 15:17:20 CET 2013

To whom it may concern

When I run a calculation in Scilab 5.3.2, I round the results and manipulate them to maintain only two or three decimals. Then I use the write_csv command to write the results to a file that Excel can read. All works very nicely, the results would look like this, 0.146

When running the exact same calculations in Scilab 5.4.0 (with the exact same scripts) however, the outcome has not only several decimals, but the numbers come with an imaginary part as well, which by the way is 0, i.e. the results look like this, 0.14599999999999 + 0i.

I've tried to use the newer version of write_csv, namely csvWrite, but without any succes.

Can anybody help me?

________________________

[Beskrivelse: MicroShade logo]

Daniel Buccoliero
Software Engineer
MicroShade A/S
Gregersensvej 1F
DK-2630 Taastrup
Denmark

Phone: +45 22 14 48 49
Email: dbu at microshade.dk<mailto:dbu at microshade.dk>
www.microshade.dk<http://www.microshade.dk>

This e-mail may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the addressee, and any disclosure of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify us immediately and delete this mail.