[Scilab-users] topological optimization

Paul Carrico paul.carrico at free.fr
Sat Mar 9 22:28:26 CET 2013

Hi,

In order to help one of my colleagues that requested me some advices and
help to design a vibration tool, I've been thinking in an ambitious (but
crazy) idea in using topological optimization . crazy because I'm a newbie
in that engineering field and I've no idea about the difficulties .

Here, the goal is to design an aluminum tool which 1rst natural frequency is
above a fixed threshold ( indirectly it depends on its shape and its
weight); of course some fixing points are locked.

On the net, we can find a lot of different methods, but in a first stage,
which is the simplest one ? I know that in the Scilab community, there are
many experienced users that can give some advices .

I'm using Scilab for a while, even in conjunction with my Finite Element
solver, mainly for parameters optimization .

NB : I found a (popular) article from O. Sigmund "A 99 line topology
optimization code in written in matlab" that might be a first way to work on
that issue (????)

Regards

paul