[Scilab-users] Computing Performance and debugging in Scilab.

Dang, Christophe Christophe.Dang at sidel.com
Wed Mar 20 08:52:55 CET 2013

Hello,

De la part de TViT
Envoyé : mardi 19 mars 2013 21:46

> Not precisely that it is necessary, but to receive representation
> about time of performance probably.

For the time performance itself, you can use tic() and toc()

http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.4.0/en_US/tic.html

> I want on it the elementary example to test, but gives out a
> mistake...
>
> add_profiling("fft");

Well, profiling only works with external (home made) functions.
I didn't understand you wanted to evaluate primitives (built in
functions).

Additionally, showprofile() must be used *after* the function.

Concerning the primitives, I have no clue.
You can always download the source to have a look inside, if you dare

http://www.scilab.org/development/sources/stable

I think that a lot of functions implement well known alogorithms or use
existing Fortran or C functions. The help pages sometimes give external
links, e.g. for fft(), the help page says :

http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.4.0/en_US/fft.html

"Algorithms
This function uses the fftw3 library.'

with a link pointing to
http://www.fftw.org/

Otherwise, you can probably use more general tracking tools, but I don't
know anything about such things...

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Mechanical calculation engineer