[Scilab-users] X Y coordinates in a scilab plot

Stephane BECU stephane.becu at maya-technologies.com
Thu Mar 28 14:39:32 CET 2013

Thanks Serge for your reply, but I'm not sure it answered my problem. In fact I want to know how to calculate the appropriate coordinates to place the ttext at the relevant poisiton of my plot...

St?phane

________________________________
De : users-bounces at lists.scilab.org de la part de Serge Steer
Envoy? : mercredi 27 mars 2013 18:58
? : International users mailing list for Scilab.
Objet : Re: [Scilab-users] X Y coordinates in a scilab plot

Le 27/03/2013 14:38, Stephane BECU a ?crit :

Hello,

I'd like to add a characters string in a scilab plot. Using the "xstring()" function , I have to fix the positon of the text giving the X Y coordinates of the left bottom point of the box containing the text. I was wondring where was the origin position and how to know which distance should be considered?

The string is supposed enclosed into a rectangle. The coordinates required for xstring are the coordinates of the top left corner of the rectangle
If you want to know the actual dimension of the minimal rectangle containing a string you may use the xstringl function.
Serge Steer

Thanks for help,

St?phane

[Maya Technologies]     Stephane BECU