[Scilab-users] Scilab Startup Failure

Ryan Ferguson d_r_ferguson at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 16 02:03:02 CET 2013

Every time I start-up SciLab I get the following error (See below). Even though the UI appears operational, the menu buttons (i.e. open file, save as, etc…) do not work. This is happening on multiple computers including my home laptop, PC at work, and PC at the university I am at. When I try and chase the problem down by going through the code, I can get as far as seeing the problem exists in the ‘lib’ file in “C:\Program Files\scilab-5.4.1\modules\atoms\macros”. I am running Windows 7, 64 bit, on all of the computers. The problem started as soon as I started using 5.4.0. and continued when I tried 5.4.1…Any ideas?

Startup execution:

%val=[�000sinternalslib;

       !--error 2

Invalid factor.

in  execstr instruction    called by :

at line      35 of function evstr called by :

at line     848 of function %_sodload called by :

at line       6 of function atomsSystemInit called by :

  atomsSystemInit();

at line     107 of exec file called by :

exec('SCI/etc/scilab.start',-1);;