[Scilab-users] Scilab Startup Failure on Multiple PC's

DRFerguson d_r_ferguson at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 16 02:09:07 CET 2013

Every time I start-up SciLab I get the following error (See below). Even
though the UI appears operational, the menu buttons (i.e. open file, save
as, etc…) do not work. This is happening on multiple computers including my
home laptop, PC at work, and PC at the university I am at. When I try and
chase the problem down by going through the code, I can get as far as seeing
the problem exists in the ‘lib’ file in “C:\Program
Files\scilab-5.4.1\modules\atoms\macros”. I am running Windows 7, 64 bit, on
all of the computers. The problem started as soon as I started using 5.4.0.
and continued when I tried 5.4.1…Any ideas?

Startup execution:
%val=[�000sinternalslib;
       !--error 2
Invalid factor.
in  execstr instruction    called by :
at line      35 of function evstr called by :
at line     848 of function %_sodload called by :
at line       6 of function atomsSystemInit called by :
  atomsSystemInit();
at line     107 of exec file called by :
exec('SCI/etc/scilab.start',-1);;