[Scilab-users] Help with text files

Paul Carrico paul.carrico at free.fr
Tue Nov 26 20:22:46 CET 2013

Try basicaly

phrase=mgetl(fd)

then you’ve an array of characters

Paul

De : users [mailto:users-bounces at lists.scilab.org] De la part de Eduardo
Torrecillas
Envoyé : mardi 26 novembre 2013 19:14
À : International users mailing list for Scilab.
Objet : [Scilab-users] Help with text files

Hello all,

I currently have some text files and I would like to extract information
from them using Scilab.
I have done this before, using mopen and mgetl, for example.

Don't know why, but strangely in this case it is not working. I am using
Scilab 5.4.1 on Ubuntu (but Scilab 5.4.0 under Windows produced the same
result).

Please check the attached text file.

Simple code such as:

fd=mopen('scilab_example.txt','r')

phrase=mgetl(fd,1)

Produces:

phrase=ÿp

If i still try to use mgetl, next lines are always returned as empty.

Does anybody have any clue on whats happening?

Best regards,

--
Eduardo Torrecillas
AER-09