[Scilab-users] Batch to export a graph to PNG automatically

eleo Nora.Lecoeur at rhul.ac.uk
Mon Oct 28 13:21:14 CET 2013

Hello,

I have written the program attached below in order to plot and export a
simple graph (y=cos(x)) in the "PNG" Format.

current_driver = driver()
driver("PNG")
xinit(TMPDIR+"/file.png")
x=-10:0.25:10
y=cos(x)
plot2d(x,y,2)
xend();
driver(current_driver)

I have obtained the following message:

xend();
       !--error 999
xend: An error occurred: Unable to create export file, permission denied.
at line       7 of exec file called by :
   exec(%fileToExec);                 disp(msprintf(gettext("Execution
done.\n
while executing a callback

If I change the path where I want the file to be written (for instance I
want to write it in Document), I obtain the same message.
How can I modify this program in order to export the file in PNG Format ok ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Eleo