[Scilab-users] Modeling a damped driven pendulum by using Coselica blocks

A Khorshidi akhorshidi at live.com
Mon Feb 10 17:00:05 CET 2014

Hi;

Is it possible to model a damped-nonlinear pendulum under external excitation by using Coselica blocks?

Suppose we have a simple pendulum with a bob of mass "m" and a weightless rod of length "L".
The following 2nd-order ODE describes the motion of the pendulum:

"$ \ddot\theta + \frac{c}{mL^{2}}\dot{\theta}(t) + \frac{g}{L} \sin {\theta(t)} = \frac{\tau (t)}{mL^{2}}
 $"

g: the gravitational acceleration (9.81 m/s^2)
ct: the (rotational) damping constant (due to air resistance and friction of the rod at its pivot point)
tau(t): the external torque applied to the pendulum

The attached files show how we can use Scilab ode function and Xcos blocks to solve the pendulum's ODE.
So my question is,
How can I solve this problem by using Modelica "standard"blocks?
I'm debating whether or not I should write my own Modelica blocks.

Merci,
Mehran
_