[Scilab-users] help, please

Tamás Reiter reitertamas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 09:57:42 CET 2014

Hi all,

I would appreciate if anyone could suggest a solution for extracting the
content of a column vector to a pre-defined matrix size (identical row
numbers) within a for loop. I keep getting an error message:Submatrix
incorrecly defined...

my loop is as follows:

for j=1:numpcs do
t=X(:,1);//pick the score vector (first column of X)
t_pre=t-t;
        while norm(t-t_pre) > threshold do
        p=(X'*t)/norm(X'*t);//calculate and normalise the loading vector
        t_pre=t;//saving the original vector into  t_pre
        t=X*p;//calculating the new score vector (product of eigenvalue and
eigenvector)
        end
//extracting components explored
X=X-t*p';//calculating the residual matrix

*T(:,j)=t(:,:);--THIS IS WHERE I AM GETTING THIS ERRORP(:,j)=p(:,:);--THIS
IS WHERE I AM GETTING THIS ERROR*end
//T(:,j+1:numpcs)=[];
//P(:,j+1:numpcs)=[];
S=diag(T'*T);