[Scilab-users] finding similar values with scilab

Mike Page Mike at Page-One.Waitrose.com
Fri Feb 21 18:28:39 CET 2014

Hi,

If you want to remove outliers from a data set, you can use the modified
Thompson Tau method.  Basically tau provides a limit based on mean and
standard deviation so that values outside (mean +/- n * std dev) are
rejected.  The method is unfortunately iterative, but it works well.  You
can remove the located outliers using something like x = x(find(delta < tau
* sd)), where delta is the absolute difference from the mean.

Hope that helps,
Mike.

-----Original Message-----
From: users [mailto:users-bounces at lists.scilab.org]On Behalf Of
samaelkreutz
Sent: 21 February 2014 05:18
To: users at lists.scilab.org
Subject: [Scilab-users] finding similar values with scilab

Hello!!! I have a big question !
I have a biiiiiiiiiiig data archive with text files with the form:

18.87 2.6 0.00545558
19.98 2.6 0.00225349
18.87 2.6 0.00405905
13.32 2.6 0.01338288
19.98 2.6 0.01537532
18.87 2.6 0.00481375
19.98 2.6 0.00936207
12.21 2.6 0.00558517

I need  eliminate extreme values, for example: If I plot a random text file
I obtain a image like this:

_a_la%28s%29_2.07.54.png>

As you can see theres points extremes. If i make a zoom

DN=find(DM(:,3)<=0.0001 & DM(:,3)>=0.00002 )
dn=DM(DN,:)
figure(2)
plot(dn(:,1),dn(:,3),'O')

I have this picture

_a_la%28s%29_2.10.56.png>

My question is: Has scilab a command that can help me to find the "dense
data" , I mean find all the values that are similar. I ask this cause I have
about 20,000 text files and is imposible for me make "artesal zoms".

Please any suggestion, answer going to help me.

-----
No virus found in this message.