[Scilab-users] finding similar values with scilab

samaelkreutz mariajovera at icloud.com
Fri Feb 21 06:18:14 CET 2014

Hello!!! I have a big question !
I have a biiiiiiiiiiig data archive with text files with the form:

18.87 2.6 0.00545558
19.98 2.6 0.00225349
18.87 2.6 0.00405905
13.32 2.6 0.01338288
19.98 2.6 0.01537532
18.87 2.6 0.00481375
19.98 2.6 0.00936207
12.21 2.6 0.00558517

I need  eliminate extreme values, for example: If I plot a random text file
I obtain a image like this:

As you can see theres points extremes. If i make a zoom

DN=find(DM(:,3)<=0.0001 & DM(:,3)>=0.00002 )
dn=DM(DN,:)
figure(2)
plot(dn(:,1),dn(:,3),'O')

I have this picture

My question is: Has scilab a command that can help me to find the "dense
data" , I mean find all the values that are similar. I ask this cause I have
about 20,000 text files and is imposible for me make "artesal zoms".

Please any suggestion, answer going to help me.