[Scilab-users] Algebraic loop error in Xcos step response

Nobuo HIZUME n_hizume at nifty.com
Wed Feb 26 07:08:59 CET 2014

Dear Xcos users who are interested in step response:

I have recently tried step response of dc motor circuit in Xcos.
But to get the attached result, slight modification was necessary because original circuit
can’t be simulated showing “Algebraic loop” error .
I needed to change one of the Gains(value=22) into 1st order delay(gain=22, time constant=0.1ms).
Regarding detail refer to the attached ZIP file, which contains Scilab step response too, and the results are the same.

I’d like to know what “Algebraic loop” error means, and  is there another method to avoid the error?

Regards,
Nobuo HIZUME