[Scilab-users] Calling a function returning a double from DLL

Ian Bell ian.h.bell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 18:11:41 CET 2014

I am trying to call a function in a DLL that has the prototype

double K2F(double)

I can load the DLL:

-->link('CoolProp_x64.dll',['PropsSI','K2F'],'c')
Shared archive loaded.
Link done.
 ans  =

    2.

I tried to do something like:

-->call('K2F',200.0,1,'d','out',[1,1],0,'d')
 ans  =

    1.08D-312

but that's not the right way to do it.  So far I see no way to call a
function that returns a double.  Am I missing something or is this just an
oversight in the development?  If this is not possible, where can I file an
issue? There are many DLL functions that return values, including all the
functions in the library I am trying to wrap.

Ian