[Scilab-users] New ATOMS toolbox - what now?

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 21:56:33 CET 2014

Dear Samuel

I have adapted the original source code from Nikolaus Hansen. His source
for Scilab 5 works perfectly fine. I have all the reason to believe that
downloading the ZIP file and manually extracting it into a work
directory will work just fine. This is how I have used the source from
Nikolaus Hansen for 2-3 years now.

I have also had my friend Sébastien Salmon (author of the PSO toolbox)
download the zip file from below link to the CMA-ES ATOMS package. He
confirms it install manually just fine.

What I need is a package where I can write "atomsInstall(package)" and
it will install. Unfortunately, as can be seen from the bugzilla report,
I cannot do this. I get this error:

!--error 10000 atomsDESCRIPTIONread: The file
'C:\Users\Claus\AppData\Local\SCILAB~1.1\.atoms\tmp_1390641250\CMA-ES\DESCRIPTION'
is not well formated at line 25 at line 224 of function
atomsDESCRIPTIONread called by : at line 160 of function atomsInstall
called by : ilab54/Archives/CMA-ES.zip"

Please help me setup the ATOMS zip file, so that this error goes away
and the package can be installed + used as intended. Send the good zip
file to me. The rest I can take care of (run some development loops to
make the package perfect).

Best regards,
Claus

On 1/29/2014 20:54, Samuel Gougeon wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>
> Before being available in automatic mode  through ATOMS, you may
> - either use ATOMS functions to manage the package as downloaded by hand
> - or unzip it into the contrib directory, as an external package.
> Then, it should appear
>   in the /Modules/ menu of the console (for forthcoming sessions), and
> be loadable by hand
>   by clicking on it in the menu.
>
> HTH
> Samuel
>
> Le 29/01/2014 20:24, Claus Futtrup a écrit :
>> .../...
>>
>> Someone please help me.
>>
>> Most importantly, please help me finish "packing" the CMA-ES ATOMS
>> package, so that I can load it into Scilab and test it (and then
>> improve the package - e.g. with much better documentation).
>>
>> I would like to add a good example to the help file (fully
>> executable), explain the difference between functional and
>> object-oriented execution, and I'd like to add some nice demos, e.g.
>> of the entire BBOB test suite - that would be cool... but there's no
>> point in doing this if the package is not up to Scilab code and/or
>> cannot work 100%.
>>
>> I need help.
>>
>> /Claus

---