[Scilab-users] Obsolete

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 12:50:26 CEST 2014

Hi there

When I run a script in Scilab 5.4.1 it's OK. When I run the same script
in Scilab 5.5.0 it displays a message saying something like " vector ^
scalar is obsolete, use vector .^ scalar instead" ... or something of
this kind.

My script executes lines like this a lot (I get many thousand messages,
in an optimization loop) and I cannot track exactly what's causing this
message.

Is there anyone who can give me a tip what to look for?

[later]
P.S. I think the warning message says "qfunction" (a function I've
defined) and it might be lines like this one, which cause the warning:
zmin1sim_mag = sqrt(zreal1(ifmin1)^2+zimag1(ifmin1)^2)

So, is it correct that ^2 is obsolete and I should write .^2 instead??

Any reason for this?

Best regards,
Claus

---