[Scilab-users] Xocs : enabled superblocks and multi frequence diagram

Quentin Mazué mazue.quentin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 08:45:37 CEST 2014

Hello,

I need to model a special phenomenon which has two different states:

->1) A transient state: from 0 to 1 sec.
For this phase I need calculations with a very small time step (around
0.001s)

->2) Then a steady state: from 1 to end of simulation (around 10-15sec)
For this phase I need calculations with a large time step (0.1s)

Enclosed, a picture of an equivalent Simulink diagram which matches my
needs.

Illustration_EnabledSuperblocks_MultifreqDiagram.png
<http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/n4030940/Illustration_EnabledSuperblocks_MultifreqDiagram.png>

Both phases have the same inputs calculated with the same block.

I would like to:

->a) Specify that I have 2 superblocks within the same Xcos diagram that
make the computations with different time step and a third one with a time
step which change during the simulation (the Input superblock)

->b) be able to deactivate the transient superblock when I don’t need
transient calculations and activate the steady block only when I need it.

Why I would like to do that?

->I’m working with a new way of computing a phenomenon and I have to show
that this new method is faster than the previous method and enough accurate.
If I don’t deactivate the transient block, Xcos is still running this block
and I lose all the interest of my new model.

->at the same time, I have to show that Scilab/Xocs is able to match the
need of my company. They are actually using a lot Matlab/Simulink,
especially the blocks: enabled subsystem, triggered subsystem, trigger, zero
order hold, rate transition,…

Thanks for your help

Quentin Mazué